Shortcakes are the sweet sister to biscuits, and they make an awesome dessert when topped and filled with strawberries and whipped cream.
- quart (4 cups) strawberries, sliced
- cup sugar
- 2 1/3
- cups Original Bisquick™ mix
- cup milk
- tablespoons sugar
- tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- cup whipping cream
- 1 Heat oven to 425°F. In large bowl, mix strawberries and 1/4 cup sugar; set aside.
- 2 In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, milk, 3 tablespoons sugar and the butter until soft dough forms. On ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by 6 spoonfuls.
- 3 Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, in small bowl, beat whipping cream with electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form.
- 4 Split warm shortcakes; fill and top with strawberries and whipped cream.